Saturday 8 September 2012

by way of introduction...

First Post


Welcome to my BLOG! Getting to know Chester..... since moving here 9 months ago (eek has it been that long already?!!)
I have become passionate about Chester... its history, architecture, people, sights and sounds. There is alot to love about this place!

I have met some fascinating people... and want to introduce them to you too! Add some fun fotos..  news about things that are happening around town... all rolled into one.
Meghan's take on Chester-

One of the things I would like to do is introduce you to the many faces of Chester....
but I guess I have to start with myself first.....

I moved to Chester in December 2011....
Originally from Detroit Michigan USA (Motown, The Motor City , the Red Wings, The Tigers The Lions and home to the Osborne &! Widger extended families) :)   I moved here with my husband  (job transfer)

after living in Hamburg, Germany for 20 years.
LOVED Hamburg and to say it was difficult to leave is a very big understatement. However....  I knew right away that Chester was warm, welcoming and going to prove be an amazing adventure.
Fast forward a few months.... moving, settling in, finding my way about town, landing a job , meeting interesting people, having friends come to stay and visit--- the months have flown and Chester is really beginning to feel like home.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Meg,

    what a great idea and fun:

    1) to be new in Chester and...
    2) to get involved to its fantastic history and..
    3) to meet people creating the stories around or inside of Chesters historical walls!

    Can´t wait to find out more in your latest posts!

    Good luck!

    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, cool!! Your ahead of me on the blogging thing! Glad your feeling at home! It sucks to be stuck somewhere that you just dont feel comfortable! Keep it going girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete